Sunday, April 1, 2012

Helping Hands

” When you choose to forgive those who hurt you, you take away their power”…

It’s funny how a certain status can stir up emotions of so many people. Just day before yesterday, i had updated my Facebook status to the above quote at 3 am. It was pretty surprising when it got about 30 likes withing 2 minutes of the update. At first I was glad that I wasnt the only one wasting my time on Facebook at 3 am in the morning. But then I got to thinking about how SO many people actually relate to how I feel.

There are times when the gloom in our lives makes us say ” You’d never know how Im feeling” but the reality is that, A LOT of people do. Maybe because they are victims of the similar hurtful actions and words of others. I took up the courage to ask a random person why he had liked my status? Was it because he thought it was true or because he had actually faced something similar. He immediately opened up to me and said, BOTH, because one can’t actually understand the depth of that quote without having faced such a situation in life. I thought about the truth behind his words.. realising that he was actually right.

What I really learnt? Everybody has problems in their life. No problem is bigger than the other. Someone might just genuinely want to help you out, and snubbing him/her by saying ” YOU wont understand ” may just ruin it for you because that person may have faced a lot more and might have a million solutions to help you =)

No comments:

Post a Comment